Saturday 24 January 2015

Learn Late Cornish Bit by Bit - children's rhyme ("Tommy Thumb")

Here is a children’s rhyme about all the fingers:
Bes broas, bes broas,                 Thumb, thumb (big finger)
Pe le ero whei?                             Where are you?
Otta vy, otta vy!                            Here I am, here I am (Behold me!)
Fatla genow’ whei?                      How do you do? (How is it with you?)

Bes rag, bes rag,                          Fore finger, fore finger
Pe le ero whei?                            Where are you?
Otta vy, otta vy!                           Here I am, here I am (Behold me!)
Fatla genow’ whei?                     How do you do? (How is it with you?)

Bes cres, bes cres,                      Middle finger, middle finger
Pe le ero whei?                            Where are you?
Otta vy, otta vy!                           Here I am, here I am (Behold me!)
Fatla genow’wh                           How do you do? (How is it with you?)

Bes besow, bes besow,             Ring finger, ring finger,
Pe le ero whei?                           Where are you?
Otta vy, otta vy!                          Here I am, here I am (Behold me!)
Fatla genow’wh                          How do you do? (How is it with you?)

Bes bian, bes bian,                    Little finger, little finger,
Pe le ero whei?                          Where are you?
Otta vy, otta vy!                         Here I am, here I am (Behold me!)
Fatla genow’whei?                    How do you do? (How is it with you?)

Besies oll, besies oll,                Fingers all, fingers all,
Pe le ero whei?                         Where are you?
Otta nei, otta nei!                      Here we are, here we are (Behold us!)
Fatla genow’whei?                   How do you do? (How is it with you?)



No comments:

Post a Comment